We are hiring a qualified/certified Food Service – Cook/Server/Monitor for the 2023-2024 school year. We have a family environment, treat our teachers with respect, and offer competitive wages.
Heritage Glendale is a charter school located N. 125th Ave. in Glendale, AZ. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school. The campus is amazing, and our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated staff to join us in our dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
Job Title: Food Service – Cook / Server / Monitor
Reports to: Kitchen Manager / Food Service Director / Principal
- Must adhere, demonstrate and supervise the operations of the cafeteria operations in accordance with State and Federal guidelines for operating in NSB, NSLP, SFSP, and Afterschool Snack Program.
- Ensure that all food items, frozen or prepared, are stored in correct vessels and temperature(s) are maintained to avoid any infractions of food safety according to the Maricopa County Health Department. Assist in storing deliveries as they arrive.
- Clean utensils / dishes, equipment storage, assist in food preparation, and food serving duties where applicable. Maintain cleanliness and proper sanitation in cafeteria / kitchen areas for the purpose of maintaining safe and sanitary conditions.
- Monitor kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe working environment. Clean cafeteria floors and tables where designated.
- Prepare food and beverage items (e.g., sandwiches, salads, precooked meals, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements. Monitor salad bar and re-stock as needed.
- Serve one or more items of food for the purpose of providing nutritional requirements and/or requests of student and school personnel. Prepare foods / snacks and adhere to NSLP / SBP / CACFP meal patterns and serving sizes.
- Maintain proper food temperatures and records as required/necessary. Document refrigerator / freezer temperatures where designated.
- Stock food, condiments, and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and freshness.
- Assist in major cleaning and organization of refrigerators, storerooms, equipment, and kitchen.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility
To prepare and serve students and staff attractive and nutritious meals in a sanitary and efficient manner while assisting the KM (Kitchen Manager) and/or AKM (Assistant KM) in daily operations of the food program requirements.
High School Diploma or GED
Degree(s), area(s) of study, and/or licensure(s):
- Possess a county Fingerprint print clearance card and food handler’s card / or obtain within 2 weeks of hire.
- Ability to adjust quickly to a variety of duties and changing situations.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Must be multi-task oriented.
- Must possess good customer relation skills.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to fifty pounds.
- Ability to use scales, slicers, mixers, and other food prep related equipment.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Terms of Employment: Contract – Cook/Food Server Hourly / Salary DOE
If you would like to apply for a position at Hertiage Elementary, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.