Heritage Elementary School is currently looking for a Cook/Server for the 2019-20 school year! We are looking for candidates who are ready to join our great team and continue to help us grow as our enrollment climbs. We have a family environment with great staff and a supportive administration. We are also very competitive with our salaries and offer a great benefit package. Come in for an application and a tour of our beautiful campus. We are hiring immediately so do not hesitate!
Heritage Elementary is located at 6805 N. 125th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85307. We are looking for positive teachers to join us in this dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
1. Must adhere, demonstrate and supervise the operations of the cafeteria operations in accordance with State and Federal guidelines for operating in NSB, NSLP, and Afterschool Snack Program.
2. Ensure that all food items, frozen or prepared are stored in correct vessels and temperature is maintained to avoid any infractions of food safety according to the Maricopa County Health Department
3. Clean utensils / dishes, equipment storage, assist in food preparation, and food serving duties where applicable. Maintain cleanliness and proper sanitation in cafeteria / kitchen areas for the purpose of maintaining safe and sanitary conditions.
4. Monitor kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of insuring a safe working environment.
5. Prepare food and beverage items (e.g. sandwiches, salads, precooked meals, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements.
6. Serve one or more items of food for the purpose of providing nutritional requirements and/or requests of student and school personnel.
7. Maintain proper food temperatures and records as required/necessary.
8. Stock food, condiments, and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and freshness.
9. Assist in major cleaning and organization of refrigerators, storerooms, equipment, and kitchen.
10. Any other reasonable duties assigned
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility
To prepare and serve students and staff attractive and nutritious meals in a sanitary and efficient manner while assisting the KM (Kitchen Manager) and/or FSD (Food Service Director) in daily operations of the food program requirements.
High School Diploma or GED
Degree(s), area(s) of study, and/or licensure(s):
1. Possess a county Fingerprint print clearance card and food handler’s card / or obtain within 2 weeks of hire.
2. Ability to adjust quickly to a variety of duties and changing situations.
3. Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
4. Must be multi-task oriented.
5. Must possess good customer relation skills.
6. Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
7. Ability to use scales, slicers, mixers, and other food prep related equipment.
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Terms of Employment:
Contract – Cook/Food Server Hourly / Salary DOE
Please email or call me directly
Justin Dye – Principal
If you would like to apply for a position at Hertiage Elementary, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.