We are hiring for a highly qualified Special Education Teacher for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. We have a family environment and treat our team with respect. Competitive wages.
Heritage Glendale is a charter school located N. 125th Ave. in Glendale, AZ. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school. The campus is amazing, and our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated, and dedicated SPED teacher who is passionate about making a difference in students’ lives, to join us in this dynamic work environment of serving our community’s youth.
- Maintaining IEPs
- Understanding protocols within special education and/or school procedures
- Overseeing and consulting with teachers to ensure services are delivered in accordance with the IEP
- Resource and Inclusion implementation
- Helping to implement Arizona Common Core Standards
- Communicating effectively and professionally with colleagues, parents, and school districts
- Supervising students with IEPs while working in the classroom
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Complete application found below
- Special education teachers need to be highly qualified/certified as defined by the State of Arizona
- SEI requirements: special education teachers need to provide proof of their 90 credit hours required for SEI Endorsement
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Ability to work from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (NOT required):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after-school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after-school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at Hertiage Elementary, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.